- 1x 16oz. can garbanzos (chickpeas)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 – 3 Tbs. Chicaoji (to taste)
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 2 – 4 Tbs. toasted sesame oil (according to taste)
- 2 – 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
Rinse garbanzos well in a strainer. Put the rinsed garbanzos, garlic, salt, Chicaoji, lemon or lime juice and sesame oil in a food processor. Process until a smooth puree forms – about a minute or two. Add a little water to make the texture smoother if necessary. With the processor still running, add the olive oil. Process until smooth and incorporated.
Great with crunchy vegetables such as celery, jicama sticks, carrots, cucumber sticks, etc. Or on pita or naan.
Jon added, “You can use tahini instead of the toasted sesame oil. I don’t like the texture that the tahini often imposes, so I use the oil. But others find the tahini just as good.”