Download a description of Chicaoji and some recipe ideas to share with people when you gift them with Chicaoji. This is the page I generally send out with orders.
Click this link to print a Chicaoji description with recipes.
Here’s what it says:
Featuring Goji berries, Cacao & Chipotles
Chicaoji Sauce tastes good on just about everything! It features a unique blend of goji berries and cacao warmed just a bit with chipotle chilies. The complex flavor and mild spiciness go with a great diversity of foods as a condiment and as an ingredient in recipes. Chicaoji deliciously weaves together all the flavors: sweet, sour, salt, bitter, savory and spicy.
Apple cider vinegar, water, goji berries, chipotles (smoked red-ripe jalapeños), maple syrup, Celtic Sea Salt® and cacao nibs (cacao is what chocolate is made of).
That’s it! Nothing else!
These are organic, vegan, gluten-free, GMO-free and Paleo diet friendly. Chicaoji contains no preservatives, flavorings, colorings or any additives of any kind.
Food is Medicine.
I selected Chicaoji’s ingredients because they are recognized as having health benefits in addition to their nutrition and most excellent flavors. Choosing organically produced ingredients is a powerful vote for sustainable and organic farming. Our choices make a difference.
What’s up with the name?
CHIpotle + caCAO + goJI = CHICAOJI. See how that works? Pronounce it ““chick-OW-gee”. It’s a new word for a new taste sensation.
Chicaoji Sauce is truly a “Taste of Lopez Island, Washington”. It was created during the summer of 2007 by the people who taste tested my variations of a sauce featuring the amazing combination of goji berries and cacao at the Vortex Juice Bar & Café. Full story on website.
Chicaoji Recipe Ideas
- Eggs cooked any style: There’s something special about eggs & Chicaoji.
- Sandwiches, burgers, steak, tofu, chicken, steamed veggies, grains, cold cuts, potatoes, pizza
- Dips and spreads: Add Chicaoji to hummus, sour cream, yogurt, guacamole, etc.
- Grilling Sauce – Brush Chicaoji directly onto meats, pineapple, squash, onions, veggies.
- Sautés – Add Chicaoji at the beginning, middle, or end of sautés for a variety of culinary effects.
- Baked foods like casseroles, mac & cheese, meatloaf, scalloped potatoes or other root veggies
- Salad dressings
Learn more & order at
Food is Medicine!
Aim your cell phone camera at QR code for a link to a webpage with specials for returning customers.