5 & 12 oz bottles, ½ gallon Growlers & 1 gallon jugs.
Chicaoji Sauce makes good food taste better!
Chicaoji Sauce tastes good on just about everything! Featuring a unique blend of goji berries and cacao and chipotles, the complex flavor combines with a great diversity of foods as a condiment and as an ingredient in recipes.
Chicaoji deliciously weaves together sweet, sour, salt, bitter, savory and spicy.
- paleo diet compatible
Chicaoji contains no preservatives, flavorings, colorings or any additives of any kind.
Check out the growing page of recipe ideas.
Great ingredients mean great taste
(in descending order by weight):
- Apple cider vinegar
- Goji berries
- Chipotles (smoked jalapeño chilies)
- Agave or Maple syrup options (Note: We are phasing out the agave syrup version of Chicaoji Sauce for a couple of reasons: Maple syrup production is more sustainable and many people have requested a change. I’m using organic maple syrup from the Maple Valley Cooperative.)
- Celtic Sea Salt®
- Cacao nibs (Chocolate is made with these.)
That’s it: no other ingredients.
The unique combination of ingredients add great flavor to almost any food.
- Sweet and tangy goji berries balance the chocolate-ty bitterness of cacao (Cacao is what chocolate is made from).
- Tart apple cider vinegar compliments the sweet agave or maple syrup.
- Smoky chipotles heat things up just enough.
- Sea salt weaves together all the flavors.
Our goal is to provide a healthy and nutritious food that adds delicious nourishment to anything…even a bowl of water.
What’s it all about
Chicaoji Sauce is truly a “taste of Lopez Island”. It was created during the summer of 2007 by the people who taste-tested Randall Waugh’s variations of a sauce featuring the amazing combination of goji berries and cacao. These taste experiments were guided by the people who ate and offered their opinions at the Vortex Juice Bar & Cafe that summer.
We believe food is medicine. We selected Chicaoji’s ingredients because they are delicious, nutritious and have well recognized health benefits.
The name derives from three of the ingredients:
CHIpotles + caCAO + goJI = CHICAOJI